On the eve of a two-week holiday in Cyprus, on 16 July 1972 David Bowie gave a series of interviews and a press conference at London’s Dorchester Hotel.
The press conference was also attended by Lou Reed, Iggy Pop, and most of the Spiders From Mars, plus Bowie’s road crew. Absent, however, was guitarist Mick Ronson, who flew to Toronto to record with the RCA-signed band Pure Prairie League.
Also on this day...
- 1974: Live: Music Hall, Boston, Massachusetts
- 1973: Recording: The Man Who Sold The World by Lulu
- 1969: Recording: Janine, An Occasional Dream, Letter To Hermione
- 1968: Screen test: The Virgin Soldiers
- 1966: Live: David Bowie and the Buzz, Club One-O-One, Brighton
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.