David Bowie and Hype performed at Beckenham’s Three Tuns pub on 1 March 1970.
This was Bowie’s 39th and final appearance at the venue. It was for Growth – the Beckenham Arts Lab, which he had co-founded the year before.
The Arts Lab events were mostly held on Sunday nights at the pub. Towards the end of 1969 Bowie’s interest had started to wane as his career began to take off, and by early 1970 his appearances became less frequent.
Also on this day...
- 1976: Live: Kiel Auditorium, St Louis, Missouri
- 1968: Stage: Pierrot In Turquoise, Mercury Theatre, London
- 1966: Live: David Bowie and the Buzz, Trent Bridge Rowing Club, Nottingham
- 1966: Record signing: Crane and Sons, Birmingham
- 1965: UK single release: I Pity The Fool
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.