David Bowie performed at the Brighton Dome on 19 November 1969.
He performed for 20 minutes, on a bill which also featured the Edgar Broughton Band, the Strawbs, Heaven, Steamhammer, Clouds, Success, and Fox.
As he came off stage he walked our way and I said ‘Hi David’ but he hardly acknowledged me and walked away. It really upset me so I told him to ‘fuck off’. In retrospect he had just had a bad experience on stage and probably was in no mood to talk to anyone, but I didn’t see it like that at the time. It was the last time I saw David. It was very sad, after all the time we had spent together talking.
Any Day Now, Kevin Cann
Also on this day...
- 2015: Single release: ★ (Blackstar)
- 2003: Live: NEC Arena, Birmingham
- 1999: Live: Kit Kat Klub, New York City
- 1991: Live: Tin Machine, Toad’s Place, New Haven
- 1983: Live: Sydney Showground, Sydney
- 1974: Live: Civic Arena, Pittsburgh
- 1967: Live: Dorchester Hotel, London
- 1966: Live: David Bowie and the Buzz, Royal Links Pavilion, Cromer
- 1965: Live: David Bowie and the Lower Third, Marquee Club, London
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.