David Bowie travelled to the south-east coast of England on 28 August 1969, for an appearance at Folkestone’s Leas Cliff Hall.
The event was the BBC Radio One Club. Bowie was interviewed by DJ Dave Cash about his ‘Space Oddity’ single. The broadcast was produced by Aiden Day.
Also on this day...
- 1987: Live: Lansdowne Park, Ottawa
- 1983: Live: Capital Centre, Landover
- 1972: Rehearsal: Rainbow Theatre, London
- 1967: US single release: Love You Till Tuesday
- 1966: Live: David Bowie and the Buzz, Marquee Club, London
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.