David Bowie and the Buzz performed at the Central Hotel in Gillingham, Kent, on Sunday 11 September 1966.
This was an evening show, and followed an afternoon performance at London’s Marquee Club.
The Central Hotel was located on Watling Street at the junction with Featherby Road in Gillingham. It was later demolished and replaced with a housing estate.
Also on this day...
- 1995: Rehearsal: Meadows Music Theatre, Hartford
- 1990: Live: Hipódromo de las Mestas, Gijón
- 1987: Live: Marcus Amphitheater, Milwaukee
- 1983: Live: Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver
- 1974: Live: Sports Arena, San Diego
- 1969: Recording: God Knows I’m Good
- 1967: Photo shoot: The Image
- 1966: Live: David Bowie and the Buzz, Marquee Club, London
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.