David Bowie and the Buzz performed at Cheltenham’s Blue Moon club on Saturday 9 July 1966.
The Blue Moon was situated at 170 High Street. It opened as a milk bar, then a dancehall named SPA Lounge, before becoming the Blue Moon. Among the top acts to play there were Jimi Hendrix, the Rolling Stones, Cream, the Four Tops, and Rod Stewart.
In the early 1980s it was rebranded as the Night Owl, becoming a rock club until the mid-90s.
Also on this day...
- 1996: Live: Stadio Olimpico, Rome
- 1990: Live: Spectrum, Philadelphia
- 1974: Live: Tower Theater, Upper Darby
- 1974: Recording: Everything That Touches You, Give It Away, Sweet Thing by Ava Cherry
- 1973: Travel: London to Hérouville
- 1971: Recording: It Ain’t Easy, Bombers
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.