David Bowie and the Buzz performed at Warrington’s Lion Hotel on Saturday 2 July 1966.
This was the Buzz’s only show in Warrington, in the county of Cheshire. The Lion Hotel had a function room upstairs, which is likely where the band performed.
The hotel was situated at 65 Bridge Street. It later became a nightclub.
Last updated: 20 May 2022
Also on this day...
- 1992: Album release: Tin Machine Live: Oy Vey, Baby
- 1989: Live: Tin Machine, St George’s Hall, Bradford
- 1974: Live: Curtis Hixon Hall, Tampa
- 1973: Live: Hammersmith Odeon, London
- 1972: Live: Rainbow Pavilion, Torquay
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.