David Bowie and the Buzz performed at the University of Leeds on Saturday 7 May 1966.
The likely venue was the Refectory, which was also played by artists including Jimi Hendrix, the Rolling Stones, the Kinks, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Elton John, Black Sabbath, Queen, Leonard Cohen, and Wings. The Who’s 1970 album Live At Leeds was recorded there.
Also on this day...
- 1990: Live: Omni Coliseum, Atlanta
- 1978: Live: Madison Square Garden, New York
- 1976: Live: Empire Pool, London
- 1973: David Bowie attends the premiere of Hitler: The Last Ten Days
- 1972: Live: Pavilion, Hemel Hempstead
- 1971: UK single release: Moonage Daydream by The Arnold Corns
- 1970: Recording: The Man Who Sold The World
- 1970: David Bowie ends management contract with Kenneth Pitt
- 1968: Photo shoot: Manchester Street, London
- 1967: David Bowie sees Jimi Hendrix live
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.