David Bowie and the Buzz performed at the Palais in Peterborough on Thursday 10 March 1966.
The Palais was situated on Wentworth Street. Various groups performed there in the 1960s including the Kinks, the Who, the Hollies, and Manfred Mann.
Later in 1966, promoter Norman G Jacobs ended the regular live music shows, and changed the Palais to a roller skating venue, and from July 1967 a bingo hall.
Also on this day...
- 1990: Live: Winnipeg Arena, Winnipeg
- 1977: Travel: London to New York
- 1973: Live: Long Beach Auditorium, Los Angeles
- 1971: Recording: Lady Stardust, Right On Mother
- 1968: Stage: Pierrot In Turquoise, Mercury Theatre, London
- 1965: Live: Davie Jones and the Manish Boys, Bromley Court Hotel, Bromley
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.