Davie Jones and the Lower Third performed for the first time at the 100 Club in London on Thursday 19 August 1965.
The event was called The Radio Caroline Show, and also featured performances by the Legends, the Strollers, and Danny Williams.
The 100 Club opened in 1942 in the basement at 100 Oxford Street in central London. Originally a jazz venue, it later became a key part of the mod scene in the 1960s, and the punk rock movement in the following decade.
Last updated: 12 May 2022
Also on this day...
- 1974: Recording: Young Americans
- 1972: Live: Rainbow Theatre, London
- 1969: Meeting: Growth – the Beckenham Arts Lab
- 1966: UK single release: I Dig Everything
- 1964: Live: Davie Jones and the Manish Boys, Eel Pie Island Jazz Club, Twickenham
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.