David Bowie saw a performance of John Osborne’s play A Patriot For Me on 4 December 1973.
The performance took place at the Palace Theatre in Watford. Bowie was accompanied by Amanda Lear.
The play starred Marianne Faithfull. She and Lear had both appeared in Bowie’s The 1980 Floor Show in October.
Following the show Bowie visited Faithfull backstage, and later joined the aftershow party. He was also interviewed by local radio at the theatre.
Also on this day...
- 1973: Recording: The Astronettes
- 1972: Recording: Aladdin Sane
- 1972: Press conference: New York
- 1971: US album release: Hunky Dory
- 1969: Live: Three Tuns, Beckenham
- 1964: Live: Davie Jones and the Manish Boys, ABC Cinema, Stockton-on-Tees
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.