David Bowie performed at Beckenham’s Three Tuns pub on 12 February 1970.
This was his 35th appearance at the venue. It was for Growth – the Beckenham Arts Lab, which he had co-founded the year before.
Bowie often appeared at the Arts Lab events, which were mostly on Sunday nights at the pub. This was one of the irregular weekday events.
Towards the end of 1969 Bowie’s interest in the Arts Lab had started to wane as his career began to take off, and by early 1970 his appearances became less frequent.
Also on this day...
- 1974: Travel: London to Amsterdam
- 1972: Live: Imperial College, London
- 1966: Live: David Bowie and the Buzz, Bowes Lyon Youth Centre, Stevenage
- 1966: Live: David Bowie and the Buzz, Marquee Club, London
- 1962: George Underwood punches David Bowie
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.