The last of nine Sunday afternoon shows promoted as the Bowie Showboat took place at London’s Marquee Club on 12 June 1966.
Each event featured two shows by Bowie and the Buzz, plus DJ sets from Ray Peterson and, on occasion, Bowie himself.
Also on this day...
- 1990: Live: Deer Creek Music Center, Noblesville
- 1983: Live: Ullevi, Gothenburg
- 1978: Live: Forest National, Brussels
- 1974: Travel: New York to Montreal
- 1973: Live: Central Theatre, Chatham
- 1972: Travel: New York to London
- 1970: Single release: Memory Of A Free Festival
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.