The day before the release of their single ‘I Pity The Fool’, Davie Jones and the Manish Boys performed at RAF Wyton near St Ives in Cambridgeshire, England.
The Manish Boys performed a number of shows at RAF bases in 1964 and 1965.
Also on this day...
- 1990: Live: Colisée de Québec, Quebec City
- 1977: Live: Iggy Pop, Hippodrome, Birmingham
- 1972: Live: South Parade Pier, Southsea
- 1968: Rehearsal: Pierrot In Turquoise, Mercury Theatre, London
- 1966: Live: David Bowie and the Buzz, Chislehurst Caves
- 1966: Television: Ready Steady Go!
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.