Davie Jones and the Manish Boys performed at the California Pool Ballroom in Dunstable, England, on Saturday 13 February 1965.
The ballroom was situated on Whipsnade Road in Dunstable, Bedfordshire.
Also on the bill were Screaming Lord Sutch, the Cheetahs, and the Five Just Men. Admission was seven shillings and sixpence.
From 1960-1979 the 2,000-capacity California Ballroom was one of the largest music venues in the south east of England. David Bowie performed there again several times in 1966 with the Buzz.
The building was demolished in 1980 and a housing estate was built on the site.
Last updated: 18 May 2022
Also on this day...
- 1976: Live: Sports Arena, San Diego
- 1974: Television: Top Pop
- 1974: Edison Awards, Amsterdam
- 1973: David Bowie sees The Rockettes live
- 1971: Travel: San Francisco to Los Angeles
- 1970: Awards: Disc & Music Echo
Want more? Visit the David Bowie history section.